The Spork is the Mightiest of Them All

Musings and ramblings from Los Angeles based television writer/producer. Television, religion, sex, death, food, movies, shopping, and whatever else pops into my head.

01 April 2006

Eddie Izzard

The other night we went to go see Eddie Izzard live. I am a HUGE fan of his. We saw him last when he was making the rounds with "Sexie" and the show wasn't tops (mainly because of the venue) so when he was trying out new work-in-progress material, I jumped at the chance. The theatre seemed small from the seating chart online, and the tickets were cheap - $20, with no Ticketmaster fees.

We show up (parking was only $5! that's a huge coup in Los Angeles) and go into the theatre... this place was TINY. I mean, there were maybe 80 people there - and it was sold out. I couldn't believe it. He did an hour and a half set, and it was great - because of the small crowd, it was almost conversational.

My favorite bit was when he discussed America's new found "obsession" with intelligent design. "I don't understand how you get there. I mean, you have evolution, and you have many pieces of the puzzle, and they all fit beautifully, but there are still a few pieces missing... so somehow you make the leap to MAGIC! It was all magic!"

Ok, you had to be there. I promise, it was funny. I laughed so hard I gave myself a headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home